[thelist] dhtml menu recommendations

Stephen Caudill SCaudill at municode.com
Tue Feb 10 16:16:23 CST 2004

--------------- dave at davedenis.com wrote: ---------------

: We're starting a new website project that'll be using some basic
: dhtml vertical menus.  The problem is that because of some issues
: with the content management system, we need to generate the menus
: in the JS file as opposed to just dumping some hidden DIVs on the
: page.  OK that's fine, and I was looking at getting OpenCube's
: excellent menus (http://www.opencube.com/) but that doesn't look
: like it'll happen because we want to retain full control over
: licensing, etc. So I started looking at a few others such as
: HVmenus (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/), which is
: nice but it generates the original "top level" links via JS and
: this is no good because with JS disabled, none of this nav will
: display at all.  Any recommendations on simple (no NN4
: compatibility needed) dhtml menus that build the menus external
: similar to:
:
: menu1_0 = new Menu(etc....)
: menu1_1 = new Menu(etc....)