[thelist] Looking for a Perl / MS SQL Programmer

Hershel Robinson hershelr at netvision.net.il
Thu Feb 12 14:25:40 CST 2004

I have posted here employment opportunities in the past and I do not recall
that anyone objected (especially the one Evolter that I actually hired in
the end!) so here we go again:

As mentioned in a previous post, I am working on an upgrade of a completely
Perl-based (and *quite* complex) enterprise-level (or at least soon-to-be)
website from Access Jet via ODBC to MS SQL Server, as we also move to our
own dedicated server. Who will manage the server (meaning me or someone else
they have) is not yet clear to me. What is clear is that the upgrade of the
system is all mine.

I, however, am in need of some assistance. If anyone is interested, please
forward to me a cover letter and Resume/CV. Feel free to forward this
message on as well to any Perl colleagues you may have--my general
impression is that Perl is not the language of choice on Evolt. :)

Thank you,
Hershel

<tip type="Windows" author="Hershel Robinson">
Next time you repartition your machine or install a new one, consider making
a small logical partition of a Gig or 2 and using that as your temporarily
file space. This is what I do and then it is quickly and easily available
from nearly any location (file chooser, Command Prompt) with a few
keystrokes, namely: D:\
</tip>