[thelist] Search Form accessibility question

rsusoeff rsusoeff at afamily.net
Thu Feb 12 13:03:46 CST 2004

Greetings,

I'm getting three errors when I check my 508 compliance with Bobby:

1) Explicitly associate form controls and their labels with the LABEL
element.

2) Make sure that labels of all form controls are properly placed.

3) If there are logical groupings of form controls, use FIELDSET with LEGEND
on each group.

My questionable code:

<form id="searchform" action="index.html" method="get"><p
id="searchinput"><input id="search" maxlength="255" size="10"
value="&nbsp;search" name="search">&nbsp;<input type="submit"
value="go!"></p></form>

And the page:

http://www.theviewfromthehill.com/page.html

I know I'm missing something simple here, but I've looked at this a number
of times and I'm getting nowhere. The page validates as HTML4.01 Strict and
valid CSS. All applicable code is in the source.

Jeez, it's just a search box...

TIA, Rick.