[thelist] SQL Help

David Mitchell dave at dbmdata.com
Fri Feb 13 10:46:51 CST 2004

Hey Gang,

I know there's some pretty good sql folks on here, so maybe someone can
help me figure this out.

I have a table where each row is a budget entry. There is a column
called "notifications" which is an int, and is between 0 and 6. I have
to sum the money values for rows based on certain criteria, BUT I can
only sum rows of the highest notification number. I tried something like:

"SELECT SUM(cash) FROM budgetitem WHERE [seach criteria...] AND
MAX(notification)"

But of course this doesn't work. Any ideas?

Thanks!