[thelist] OT: Windows 98SE and Win 2k formatting new disks

John C Bullas jcbullas at nildram.co.uk
Sat Feb 14 06:19:48 CST 2004

For an easy life i have booted a pc from the Windows Startup Floppy, it is
only letting me
format my 120GB disk at around 45GB tops.... if I proceed, install windows
98SE and build a dual boot
for windows 2k ( 2k installed in the 45GB partition) can I partition the
rest of the disk when 2k is
installed?

FB

<tip type="Remember to hide website files from prying eyes"
author="John C Bullas">
If you have "clutter" in any of your web directories that you might
not want everyone to see, ensure you either disable directory indexing, or
if this
is outside your ability plant an index.html file in each directory, otherwise
viewers of your site get a key to your back door (to view previous versions
of files, obsolete and downright incorrect  stuff etc, you might have
left on the server by mistake).. and don't dream for once someone won't try
my index.html pages, in the sub-directories no one would be indexing, trip an
email alert and people do do it!!!

REMEMBER: IF YOU DON'T WANT IT EVER SEEN DON'T LEAVE IT ON THE SERVER
</tip>