[thelist] referer field

John Richard Stevens name at thename.name
Sun Feb 15 12:45:50 CST 2004

Joshua,
Here's what I get when I have a gif on the page:

Host: 66.205.128.168 Url: /images/imhosted_button1.gif Http Code : 200
Date: Feb 15 01:40:52 Http Version: HTTP/1.1" Size in Bytes: 1761
Referer: http://www.englishdiscourse.org/edr.1.4smutny.html Agent: Mozilla/4.0
(compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; Q312461)

And when I remove the gif, I get a report with the search string info:

Host: 24.200.95.69 Url: /edr.1.4smutny.html Http Code : 200
Date: Feb 15 12:12:41 Http Version: HTTP/1.1" Size in Bytes: 21351
Referer: http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-
8&q=daniel+callahan+self-determination&meta= Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible;
MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1)

Essentially, in the first example, the last image called becomes the url and
the page being accessed becomes the referer. I lose all the google info.
thanks. john