[thelist] MS SQL Server

Hershel Robinson hershelr at netvision.net.il
Tue Feb 17 08:57:32 CST 2004

[ I was again rejected as suspicious for the subject "Which MS SQL Server?"
Maybe it's the question mark that makes it suspicious? ]

I mentioned on thelist recently a project of mine--I am upgrading an
existing Perl-based site from MS Access on a shared server to MS SQL Server
on a dedicated Windows Server 2003 machine. The question now is, which
license do I need for MS SQL Server? There appear to be a range of different
options.

We need a license for this one server. We may break off the DB server to its
own physical machine in the future, but for now, we have one machine. The
website itself comes in two versions--the 'live' version and the
'development' version. Both need to access the DBM, but I don't think this
should affect the choice of license.

I am uncertain what other information I can provide which would help
indicate which license we need.

Thanks,
Hershel