[thelist] character entities or numbers?

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 17 10:47:12 CST 2004

Hi there,

I'm a bit confused on this issue. If I use the following in my pages:

<head>

Should I be using character entity names such as:

&quot;

or the numbers:

&#8221;

or does it matter? Also should I be using utf-8 or another set? This
is not an international site, just a US site.

Tom

=====
http://www.Pixelmech.com/ - read my latest blog posting!
http://www.DMXzone.com/ - JavaScript Author
http://SparklesParties.com - Princess parties for little girls!
http://www.thywordistruth.net/ - Eternal Life

"Before you insult someone, walk a mile in their shoes. Then, you will be a mile away from them, and will have their shoes."