[thelist] Is this design too dark?

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Wed Feb 18 12:46:15 CST 2004

Tara,

First off, you are smart to take the client's comments with a grain of salt.
That being said, I am not a professional designer so take what I say with a
similar grain of salt.

My first impression of this design is that it's too dark as well.  It's not
because the colors are too dark, though.  It's because the green doesn't
seem to match well with the pink.  The pink is vivid and saturated, but the
green is neither.  It doesn't seem to have a good balance, per se.  The
black text in the navigation further complicates the matter because it gives
the appearance that the green is darker.

If you must stick with these colors, try changing the navigation text to
white and make the text across the horizontal bar bigger, for starters.

Best wishes.

Joshua Olson
Web Application Engineer
WAE Tech Inc.