[thelist] External .js and ASP

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Wed Feb 18 13:59:18 CST 2004

:-)

> So what is it about .Executed files that cause <script src=""> tags not
> to work?

Nothing at all.  The javascript inclusion is a product of this execution,
nothing more.  This scripts JOB is to produce the correct html page.  You
should be able to view source in the browser to confirm that the resultant
HTML page is correct.

The error is indicating that the error is in the included file.  I'd venture
to guess that the file "ScriptFile.js" doesn't exist at the same level as
the URL you are requesting and the included js file is nothing but a big fat
404.

Good luck,

Joshua Olson
Web Application Engineer