[thelist] Accepting Credit card on line?

Jake Aust mail_lists at jakesdiner.com
Wed Feb 18 15:37:36 CST 2004

Gilles....

VeriSign (http://www.verisign.com/products/payment/processing.html) has some
good solutions and they are able to accept foreign currencies. The PayFlow
link option is good when you don't want to have to run the secure app on
your server. It's cost effective for lower volume. Last time I checked, they
charge about $20/month with a $180 setup...or you can pay yearly or 2 years
at a time for significant savings. On top of that you'll need an online
merchant account. They can help you get set up with that if you don't know
much about it. Their partner "Merchant eSolutions" gave me a quote recently
for their solutions....

$15 statement fee (monthly)
30c per transaction

additionally....
visa/master = 2.3% monthly total
discover: 2.4%
amex: 3.2%
with a $20 minimum

-------

For a cheaper easier option, try ccNow. It's not as nice, but it's very
cheap and they do international sales.
www.ccnow.com

Hope this helps

Jake