[thelist] IE - Viewport wider than it should be at 100%

Alvaro Medina incomt65 at hotpop.com
Thu Feb 19 14:04:58 CST 2004

> Try adding margin:0px; to your body element.  There's a default margin
> otherwise.

Thanks! Problem solved.

Now I still have a problem with Opera 7.20: under certain circumstances that
I cant figure out, when one states body {width : 100%} causes a buggy
behavior which I find hard to explain, so I attached 2 pictures of what
happens and try to explain it:

-- gap1.png : mouse pointing over the "Arachnophilia" icon on the taskbar,
with the buggy page active. Infonote pops-up. (mouse pointer is not seen in
this pic, dont know why, but the mouse was over it, I swear...)

-- gap2.png: mouse not pointing over the icon on the taskbar; where there
was the infonote, there is now a black gap.

This happens when width of body is stated between 99% - 102% approx., I
think it has to do with the apparition of horizontal scrolling bars, as if
the program "vacilates" wether to run or not the scrolling bars...

I am thinking to let it buggy for Opera 7.20 users, as I am being informed
the problem doesnt show in 7.23, nor in IE6 or NS6; but any clue and any
help about this would be very welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Alvaro Medina G.