[thelist] Re: Google and PDF's

Diane Soini dianesoini at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 21 17:42:37 CST 2004

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdftohtml/

I have used the htdig search engine which, as it indexes a site, uses a
parser, maybe this same one? I'm not sure. It doesn't really produce an
HTML version of the document. It produces an HTML document with maybe a
page title, maybe some meta tags, and all the text crammed into the
body tag.

PDFs are very readable by search engines, and if you fill out the meta
data in Acrobat when you create the PDF, search engines can read your
PDFs even better.

>    1. Re: Google and PDF's (Paul Bennett)

***
Don't be afraid to try something new. An amateur built the ark.
Professionals built the Titanic. -unknown