[thelist] Auto-Screensaver Generation

Burhan Khalid thelist at meidomus.com
Sun Feb 22 12:14:17 CST 2004

Greetings Listees :

   We have a client that has a large database of photographs in an
online gallery.  They would like a solution where a customer would
choose pictures from a category (say Nature) and then click a button.

   The magic behind the button would create a Windows screen saver from
the images and then popup a window to download the newly generated
screensaver.

   The site currently runs on a Unix server, but we are already looking
at a Windows server for other operations.

   So, is there something like an auto-screensaver generation software
(free or paid) that runs on either Windows or Unix/Linux? Where should I
start looking for this stuff?

Thanks again,
Burhan Khalid