[thelist] Site Check please

Michael Pemberton evolt at mpember.net.au
Sun Feb 22 22:53:58 CST 2004

Jwp <live4bacon at optonline.net> wrote:

> And please don't pull any punches, I am looking for your harshest
> criticisms.

Not so much a criticism, more of a query relating to an oddity :)

One of my pet hates is the way that browsers handle the use of JS navigation.
If you use mouse handlers on a layer, it doesn't bother changing the moise
pointer to match.  This means that the cursor remains an "I" when halding it
over your menu items.

I notice that you have used hrefs for the main menu sections, but the
individual items still have the cursor as an "I".

The other small glitch is the right hand section containing the section
details.  The width changes when you go between the highlights and other
sections.  You also mentioned the use of spacers to maintain spacing for the
tables and it might also be worth looking at making the right side navigation
section stretch all the way to the bottom of the page.

These are only minor aspects, but since I mainly write bad code that only work
on my home PC for my own projects, I haven't bother commenting on the actual
code :)

HTH
---
Michael Pemberton