[thelist] Tomcat, JBoss, or JRun - which is better for learni ng j2ee?

Marcus Andersson marcus at bristav.se
Tue Feb 24 18:32:11 CST 2004

Hassan Schroeder wrote:

> Steve Lewis wrote:
>
>> I was converted, however, when I started working with Eclipse.
>

> A reasoned response, and I will of course defend to the death your
> right to prepare your flowerbeds with a backhoe :-)
>
> Still, I've looked at both Eclipse and NetBeans and never really
> figured out *how* to apply them to a servlet/JSP/Beans *Web* app,
> as opposed to a standalone Java app. And the introductory tutorial
> is not helpful in this regard.
>
> Do you have any pointers to lead this IDE-challenged soul into, er,
> out of the light and into the Eclipse?  :-)
>
> (I already have E3M6 installed, key's in the ignition...)
Addition to my previous mail regarding Lomboz

Lomboz does NOT support the insertion of break points straight into the
JSP code. Instead it let you insert break points into the .java files
generated by the JSP compiler so the servlet container needs the ability
to store these somewhere where the plug-in can find them (a little bit
primitive but it works)

/Marcus