[thelist] Mozilla: Shortcut on desktop?

Liam Delahunty liam at megaproducts.co.uk
Wed Feb 25 05:21:44 CST 2004

on 25/02/2004 11:06 Mike wrote:

> I Recently made the final switch to using Firebird as default browser.
> Took some weeks, but now I prefer it over IE 6 definitely... if there
> wasn't that 'Place shortcut on desktop' feature that IE6 presented me
> in its context (right-click) menu.

Firstly, you might like to try the latest version, which has been
renamed firefox.
http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/.

Now to get the shortcut, just navigate to the installation directory,
which for me was
"C:\My Documents\downloads\programmes\MozillaFirebird\MozillaFirebird.exe"

find the programme,
right click on it and while keeping the right mouse button pressed, drag
over to the desktop,
let go of the mouse,
you should have a little dialgue box,
select "create shortcut here".
Then select the shortcut, press F2 (function key labeled F2) and edit
the label for the shortcut.

--
Kind regards, Liam Delahunty, Mega Products Ltd
12 Bury Place, London WC1A 2JL Fax: +44(0)871 224 7891