[thelist] CFMX: IP Address Ban/Prevent

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Wed Feb 25 07:24:29 CST 2004

If the users are typical, this should be enough to stop them.  If they are
advanced, then you might want to put the restriction on the processing page
as well to prevent them from making their own form.

> One of the things that's started to happen is that a certain IP address
> at the D class level (I hope I'm stating that correctly), and I'm
> wondering if there's a catch-all to basically say to block:
>
> 192.168.1.*

Close, it's a class C actually.

Since cgi.remote_addr contains the remote ip address, you could do something
like this:

<cfif Find("192.168.1.", cgi.remote_addr)>
  <!--- They are from the restricted Class-C --->
</cfif>

Good luck,

Joshua Olson
Web Application Engineer