[thelist] CSS background positioning and link borders

Gregory Wostrel info at gwcreative.com
Wed Feb 25 08:17:30 CST 2004

On Feb 25, 2004, at 9:03 AM, Brian W. Reaves wrote:

> Did you check your version in FireFox 0.8? (I'm on WinXP.) The
> background image doesn't appear under the navigation until after you
> rollover the navigation.
>
> Simon's version worked but seemed to bog-down the browser. Very
> strange....

Yes, I did. I have FireFox on Mac OSX. All the Moz browsers do that. It
seems to work OK in IE - most flavors and Safari. However, on IE Mac
the nav div hugs the left side of the window instead of aligning to the
right as the logo image does. I may go with images/javascript for this
one. I know that will work without the fuss and I can keep going on
this on the side. Unfortunately, this sort of tire spinning happens
when using CSS for the more complex things and I find myself falling
back (or at least it feels like it) on the tried and true (or maybe its
tired and old - but it works, easily).

Gregory Wostrel

gwcreative
http://www.gwcreative.com/
gw at gwcreative.com
401.286.9228
Communications and the Art of Simplicity