[thelist] tips on avoiding "bcc"ing to avoid being a spammer

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Thu Feb 26 12:05:58 CST 2004

At 05:30 AM 2/26/2004, Joshua Olson wrote:
> [...]

Not always. One of my clients uses Rockliffe's MailSite as the SMTP Server
(with WebMail/POP3/IMAP/Mailing Lists etc.) When they send out messages to
their mailing lists MailSite groups the emails by domain and sends out a
single email with ### number of recipients under the BCC to that domain. I
know that MajorDomo does the same thing.

Luckily the number of recipients is configurable, and we've cranked down
the number so that it does not get  flagged by the big ISPs/Webmail
Services as spam.