[thelist] [mysql] multiple update query

Raditha Dissanayake jabber at raditha.com
Wed Mar 10 10:36:34 CST 2004

Hi

Kris, what ever you do updates are going to be slow - unless you drop
the indexes before the update and recreate them afterwards. This
dropping and recreating the index is a standard practice and highly
recommended in the mysql manual. In my own personal experience i have
found that the diffence in time take to complete the query with and
without indexes can be as much as an hour!!

btw Tab,  It's the same thing (sql2k and mysql update)

--
Raditha Dissanayake.