[thelist] RE: Hosted DNS NameServers

Kevin Martin evolt at brasscannon.net
Thu Mar 11 10:29:21 CST 2004

Jake Aust writes:
> I run a small hosting operation for many of my clients. It's
> starting to get bigger and I'm thinking about taking the DNS
> (which is currently hosted on the same box as my web server)
> and moving them off to a hosted DNS service.

www.zoneedit.com.  First five domains are free and all
the rest of your wishlist is included.  When you outgrow
the free offer they're also willing to let you rebrand
and resell it.

I was even able to set up TXT records for "SPF (Sender
Permitted From)", a new technique designed to fight the
forgery common in spam email.  If you ever get spam that
says it's from me, comparing the IP address to my SPF
information will refute the lie.