[thelist] Apache 2.0 and referer log

Anthony Baratta anthony at baratta.com
Thu Mar 11 22:39:35 CST 2004

At 05:36 PM 3/10/2004, Chris wrote:
>I recently upgraded my server to apache 2.0 and now my referer log is
>pretty much useless. Has anyone else noticed this and anyone know how to
>fix it?

Have you updated your http.conf file to support the new log directives?

http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/logs.html

Multiple Access Logs

Multiple access logs can be created simply by specifying multiple CustomLog
directives in the configuration file. For example, the following directives
will create three access logs. The first contains the basic CLF
information, while the second and third contain referer and browser
information. The last two CustomLog lines show how to mimic the effects of
the ReferLog and AgentLog directives.

CustomLog logs/access_log common
CustomLog logs/referer_log "%{Referer}i -> %U"
CustomLog logs/agent_log "%{User-agent}i"

This example also shows that it is not necessary to define a nickname with
the LogFormat directive. Instead, the log format can be specified directly
in the CustomLog directive.
---
Anthony Baratta
President