[thelist] [PHP/Postgres] - postgres errors

Jacques Capesius jacques_capesius at cnt.com
Fri Mar 12 11:03:10 CST 2004

thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org wrote:
> At 08:17 AM 3/12/2004, Jacques Capesius wrote:
>
>> An install of a certificate didn't go smoothly (to say it nicely)
>> and I was forced to reboot the webserver and restart apache. After
>> much toiling, I was able to get the secure site up and running, but
>> now, on any php page that tries to access the postgreSQL database,
>> one of two things happen.
>>
>> 1) No data is shown
>> OR..
>> 2) pg_connect throws the following error:
>> Warning: pg_connect(): Cannot create new link. Too many open links
>> (0).
>
> Have you created a page with just <?phpinfo()?> in it? What does the
> output say about postgres connectivity? Is it there?
>
> ---
> Anthony Baratta

here's what phpinfo has to say about the postgres... does this answer your question?

PostgreSQL Support enabled
PostgreSQL(libpq) Version  7.3.4
Multibyte character support  enabled
SSL support  enabled
Active Persistent Links  0
Active Links  0

Directive Local Value Master Value
pgsql.allow_persistent On On
pgsql.auto_reset_persistent Off Off
pgsql.ignore_notice Off Off
pgsql.log_notice Off Off
pgsql.max_links Unlimited Unlimited
pgsql.max_persistent Unlimited Unlimited