[thelist] Help with a Mailing List php app

Liam Delahunty liam at megaproducts.co.uk
Mon Mar 15 09:26:23 CST 2004

on 12/03/2004 19:07 Mark Hammersley said the following:

> 3.  Setting the headers.  There are several header lines to go in mail
> messages and different ones seem to be important for different gateways.
> Some bulkmail filters look at the headers to decide whether to pass the
> message.  I still don't fully understand this part, but our "home made" php
> script sends messages whose headers show that they were sent by
> "web at localhost" and some filters score this if it different to the "from"
> address.

IIRC you can change this with a .htaccess line.

http://uk.php.net/configuration.changes

Running PHP as Apache module

When using PHP as an Apache module, you can also change the
configuration settings using directives in Apache configuration files
(e.g. httpd.conf) and .htaccess files (You will need "AllowOverride
Options" or "AllowOverride All" privileges)

http://uk.php.net/manual/en/function.ini-set.php
It maybe the "sendmail_from" setting...

--
Kind regards, Liam Delahunty, Mega Products Ltd
12 Bury Place, London WC1A 2JL Fax: +44(0)871 224 7891