[thelist] organizing bits and pieces

Stephen Caudill SCaudill at municode.com
Mon Mar 15 15:06:36 CST 2004

--------------- Tony Crockford wrote: ---------------

: I'm hoping to find a tool that will snip highlighted text, save
: it, analyse it - url, email address, headings etc and use those
: to categorise and retrieve the snippet later.  I'd also like to
: be able to link snippets with meaningful intelligent links in
: multiple ways like InfoCentral - e.g this person is employee of
: this company, friend of this person, father of that person and
: son of this person etc.
:
: I've seen a few tools that come close....

Your description of the wish-tool above reminds me somewhat of
TinderBox[1].  Not a perfect match, but close.  I've been
following these guys forever, waiting for a windows release,
but no joy.  However, the newest version is made to run on OSX,
so maybe you could rig it to run over CygWin[2] ?:P?  In any case,
it looks like VERY cool software.  From their site:

"Tinderbox is a personal content management assistant. It stores your notes, ideas, and plans. It can help you organize and understand them. And Tinderbox helps you share ideas through Web journals and web logs."

and....

"Tinderbox's agents automatically scan your notes, looking for patterns and building relationships. Agents help discover relationships and help make sure important things don't get lost. Agents are easy to make and easy to modify. They're flexible and powerful."

Standard disclaimer: 'Not Staff, Affiliate or Trained PR Monkey'.

hth,
Stephen
http://www.mechavox.com

[1] http://www.eastgate.com/Tinderbox/