[thelist] Re: [css-d] wysiwyg xhtml editors. How should ENTER key affect markup???

Stephen Rider steve at striderweb.com
Tue Mar 16 09:55:12 CST 2004

I use blog software that uses what I think is a good method:

A single *return* is a <br />
A double *return* is a <p> break.

Takes a small amount of user training, but not much.  Most people in my
office double-space their paragraphs anyway.

This allows people to enter something like this:

John Smith<br />
123 Main St.<br />
Anytown, USA<br />

without it being broken into three paragraphs.

Regards,
Steve