[thelist] SEO tips

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 17 21:43:45 CST 2004

> From: john at johnallsopp.co.uk
[...]
> >>used words in the page (excluding a set of "common words") and use
> >>that TOP 10-20 keywords to populate dynamically the Meta Tags and
> >>the Title tag
[...]
> but but but .. isn't the idea to work out your keywords first based on
> how often they're put into search engines versus how many pages serve
> them, and then write pages to optimally include your chosen keywords?
>
> Writing text and then calculating your keywords afterwards sounds like
> random marketing to me.

to me it sounds like an appropriate way to create appropriate meta
content... if you're writing your content to forcibly include
keywords that you believe will help your rankings, then you aren't
writing content for your users... or necessarily writing content
appropriate to your organization, either...

and if you drive your content from your keywords, and if keywords
themselves aren't really used by SEs, then you're forcing content for
no good reason except a flawed marketing plan...

i would prefer my meta keywords to actually *reflect* my content
instead of trying to force my content into the keywords...

cart, horse...