[thelist] Flash banner examples

Jono Young ox4dboy at comcast.net
Thu Mar 18 09:05:35 CST 2004

Here are some of the best of the best Flash based ads.  These use Flash and
Eyeblaster (http://www.eyeblaster.com/), which is pretty advanced for a
beginner, or anyone for that matter.  Anyhow, there are some really cool
examples here:

http://www.eyeblaster.com/awards2003/

I particularly like the Spiderman example, simple, yet effective, and very
cool looking.  One huge draw back about these examples are that they are the
most annoying type of advertisement on the net, other than the old 100 Popup
Window method.  They can jeopardize the entire screen at times, and if you
have a slow connection, just as you start reading an article, these will pop
up right on top of what you were starting to read.  While annoying, they are
a good example of what you can, but shouldn't necessarily do, with Flash.