[thelist] Visitor Statistics

Chris George cgeorge at basecorp.com
Thu Mar 18 15:36:49 CST 2004

> Have you tried AWStats? It is not perfect and maybe not easy
> to set up
> but I like the reports. It does a good job of parsing the logs and
> reporting/filtering worms and robots, for instance. I set up
> up to run
> via crontab as opposed to CGI.
> http://awstats.sourceforge.net/

Yeah, we tried setting it up for our site and all of our client sites,
and just couldn't get it to parse the logs - the reports look gorgeuous,
for sure. Just couldn't seem to get the motor started.

Part of me is so incredibly jaded from Webtrends 4.something that I
think I'm still being perpetually victimized. :-P