[thelist] Accessibility and Web Design

s t e f evolt at nota-bene.org
Sun Mar 21 11:42:26 CST 2004

<quote who='the head lemur' when='19/03/04 17:05'>

> Here's a bit of weekend reading for ya
>
> http://www.veen.com/jeff/archives/000503.html

I've been saying it for a few months already and feel happy to see that
other people think the same.

The important thing is exactly that: once your code is sufficiently well
structured, it becomes accessible naturally, so to speak. Of course it's
not as accessible as the WCAG ask, but it's on the right track.

If you read french, I wrote a comment to Tristan Nitot's account of
Accessiweb's seminary that occured last December in Paris.
<http://standblog.org/blog/2003/12/02/93113198-CompteRenduDuSeminaireAccessiweb#tb1994>
(mind the wrap)

Basically I say that I tested the accessibility of my site once the code
had been made valid xhtml1.0 (I think it was with Bobby), and most of
the requirements were met even before working on accessibility issues.

--
s t e f
http://www.nota-bene.org/