[thelist] sample code... user/admin functionality

Maximillian Schwanekamp anaxamaxan at neptunewebworks.com
Mon Mar 22 22:52:03 CST 2004

>we're looking to create a basic app with users applying to join the
>site. we need an admin to be able to enable/disable users access to the
>site. we're trying to find out if someone can point us to a reasonable set
>of php apps for this function that interface with a mysql backend.

I think what you're describing is called User Authentication, solutions for
which generally include the admin functionality you're after as well.
HotScripts has a plethora of options in this area. [1]  Also check out the
User Management category on HotScripts.  One good option (thought not
open-source, afaik), is aMember (Free and Pro versions).[2]  Basically a
stand-alone module, very easy installation.

[1]
http://www.hotscripts.com/PHP/Scripts_and_Programs/User_Authentication/index
.html
[2] http://www.amember.com/scripts/