[thelist] Browser compliance

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 24 12:05:37 CST 2004

--- Martin Espericueta <martin at fiercestreetnetworks.aboho.com> wrote:

> I'm using Homesite+ to code, and want to configure the internal
> browser to Mozilla, from the default ie rendering engine

> Is it better to code, then check, code some more, then check
> again, using a much more standards-compliant browser like Mozilla,
> or go	with ie, then tweak for the rest?
>
> Is Mozilla more standards-complaint than the rest, or should
> is Opera first on that list? etc..

Forget HS internal browser, and check in real browsers. Some people
develop for Gecko and then fix IE errors and some to the opposite.
Frankly, I check my pages in both as I go along, less surprises that
way.

No browser is really more compliant than the rest they just have
different implementations. Some browsers can do more CSS2, but who
really cares if you can't do it across the board.

Tom

=====
http://www.Pixelmech.com/ - read my latest blog posting!
http://www.DMXzone.com/ - JavaScript Author
http://SparklesParties.com - Princess parties for little girls!
http://www.thywordistruth.net/ - Eternal Life

"Well, my name's Dewey Oxburger. My friends call me Ox. I dont know if you've noticed, but I got a slight weight problem."