[thelist] OT: Barcode scanners and hardware inventory

Feingold Josh S Josh.S.Feingold at irs.gov
Thu Mar 25 08:19:38 CST 2004

> One possibility that could be low-cost and interesting...

> Have you seen the Cue:Cat?

Let me suggest that you don't use Cue:Cat for anything too serious.  I
purchased one a month or so ago on ebay for around $15 including shipping.
I have it up and running fine, but if this is a big enough project that you
need to be scanning things, you are going to want an industrial scanner that
allows for scanning on the entire bar code at one time.  It is a real pain
to do the left to right motion over and over again, and sometimes, it does
not catch the first time I scan and I have to do it again.

Josh