[thelist] intro and beginner's question!

Kasimir K evolt at kasimir-k.fi
Thu Mar 25 18:26:57 CST 2004

> Can someone help me with a recommended tutorial or plan of attack

Well, you've already started dealing with more complex stuff, so my
advice would be to study the very basic stuff carefully, while
continuing examining more elaborate scripts. You wont be able to write
your own scripts, if you don't know the basics, and unless you look out
for inspiration, your scripts will reamain weak.

My most frequent resource by far is the fine PHP manual.
http://www.php.net/manual/en/
I've downloaded it in CHM format, so I have it always nicely at hand,
even if I happen to be off-line.

As for tutorials, there are zillions of them. What I usually do is
Google for "php tutorial my_problem" and check out a couple promising
looking from somewhere near the top.

http://www.devshed.com is there quite often, and for you I'd recommend
also http://www.w3schools.com/

HTH