[thelist] 404 logging script change needed to add an IP lookup output

John C Bullas (soton.ac.uk relay) jcbullas at nildram.co.uk
Fri Mar 26 05:51:25 CST 2004

At 11:34 26/03/2004, you wrote:
>Look - have you considered:
>a) reading a PHP manual -or- attempting to google some code
>b) attempting to achieve this yourself
>c) posting what you've tried, and the problems you've run into?
>
>I don't know a great deal about PHP, but personally I've helped people
>who've made a systemic, and concerted effort, to help themselves.

Thank you for your feedback.....

I started off doing my Schoolboy JScript via having a few helping hands
providing working
answers to a problems rather than directing me toward a DIY option,
this  worked
well in welding classes too ;)

I am SADLY most unlikely to ever need to use PHP other than for this 404
logging page
as you all know I am not a "run-of-the-mill" user of this group and
"playing at it" in
comparison to a lot of you.....

I will take a look at the URLs below however on first examination the
incorporation
of 120+ lines of PHP into my tiny 404 emailling script looks very daunting
indeed ;(

I would invite anyone with experience in also running welding classes to
send me
a working script so I can see how it works, no more URLs please i am still
reading
lines 20-60 of the first page......

John
Brazing, Gas, Arc  + MiG and a wee bit of TiG but still
got the piece the teacher did for me in class 1 ;0