[thelist] Javascript onblur problem

Frey, Daniel djfrey at buffalo.edu
Mon Mar 29 10:30:43 CST 2004

Good morning,

I'm in the midst of writing an intranet application that uses Javascript -
one of the requirements is the use of pop-up windows that need to keep focus
until they're closed.  All the pop-ups are parented from the same page

My problem is that I can't seem to figure out how to differentiate between
an element within the pop-up window and one outside of it.  If I tell the
window to focus onblur, I can't give focus to any of the elements within the
window.  I tried messing around with uniqueID and looping through the
document.all collection to no avail.

Any solution can be IE specific, this is an intranet application and I'm
already using some IE DOM-specific functionality.

Thanks,

Dan