[thelist] Netscape, Flash and query strings

Peter McKenna peter at ebow.ie
Wed Mar 31 03:17:59 CST 2004

Hey Joe,

In my dealings with Flash, I have found it easier to pass values to
and from the movie by using scripting languages like PHP or ASP. Use
the ActionScript function: loadVariablesNum ("somescript.php", "0");

When the user logs in, you could have all login details stored in
session variables and pass them into Flash movies like this:

<?php

session_start();

print "username=" . $_SESSION['username'] . "&someuserpreference=" .
$_SESSION['preference'];

?>

This would set the username and someuserpreference vars in the Flash
movie. Just something to think about anyway.

Peter