[thelist] how use server.createobject(??,??)

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Thu Apr 1 12:09:35 CST 2004

At 08:31 AM 4/1/2004, Pearson, John wrote:
>here's one Ive googled to death.  I have a COM object on my networked PC that
>does some quick log data analysis.  I would like to call it on an asp web
>page on
>an intranet server that can see my PC.  There seems to be a dearth of useful
>examples of server.CreateObject(obj,server) that address this situation.  e.g.
>with this asp on our intranet:

Are you attempting to call a "remote" COM object. e.g. the Web1 is the
calling the COM Object on PC1? I've never need to do remote COM calls - I
suspect that it could be done, but without a "listening" port I'm not
exactly sure how it would work.

I would think you will need to load that COM object on each machine.