[thelist] how use server.createobject(??,??)

Pearson, John JOHN.PEARSON at eia.doe.gov
Thu Apr 1 12:55:21 CST 2004

If you believe (or misread) the MS docs appropriately DCOM suggests that you can
invoke an object that is registered on another machine.  ie server1 can invoke an
object on PC1.  the object has to be registered as distributable under DCOM and
PC1 needs to have a name that server1 can see and the permissions have to be set
right.  I can obviously get it to work on PC1 and I wondered just how far this
would stretch over an intranet.  Perhaps "misread" is the word of the day. Next
project..