[thelist] Very strange flash banner behavior on high profile site - security issue?

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 2 15:35:32 CST 2004

--- Tony Crockford <tonyc at boldfish.co.uk> wrote:

> I have done something similar by redirecting all requests for
> adservers IP's to localhost using my hosts file - this usually
results
> in the ad being replaced by my not found message...

> would that be it do you think?

Could be - I AM using my hosts file to block ad servers, i.e:

127.0.0.1  adserv.adbonus.com

etc etc to the nth degree. So maybe that's why. It still seems wierd
that it would somehow find a banner though on my machine and place it
there...

Tom

=====
http://www.Pixelmech.com/ - read my latest blog posting!
http://www.DMXzone.com/ - JavaScript Author
http://SparklesParties.com - Princess parties for little girls!
http://www.thywordistruth.net/ - Eternal Life

"Well, my name's Dewey Oxburger. My friends call me Ox. I dont know if you've noticed, but I got a slight weight problem."