[thelist] reading RSS & Error Message 'ASP 0113' Script Timed Out...

Sutherland, Paul Paul.Sutherland at ccc.govt.nz
Sun Apr 4 20:36:30 CDT 2004

I am having a look at using RSSlib-asp to display a RSS feed http://www.2rss.com/software.php

I can use this with a local file on my machine (served by IIS or Apache) but as soon as I move this to our "real" iis i get the Timeout message.

I am guessing this is to do with a firewall issue, the IIS server don't have rights to do a GET of the RSS file.

Any ideas what would the IIS server need to have done to allow it to GET the file? etc...

/paul

This electronic email and any files transmitted with it are intended
The views expressed in this message are those of the individual
sender and may not necessarily reflect the views of the Christchurch
City Council.

If you are not the correct recipient of this email please advise the
sender and delete.

Christchurch City Council
http://www.ccc.govt.nz