[thelist] [access] transforming text

Colin Gremillion gremilco_caz at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 6 12:16:41 CDT 2004

Hi all,

I'm not too hot with databases, and I need to find a
solution to this issue.
There is an Access database with about 15 fields,
thousands of records. One of the fields is first name.
Some of the records in this field are in ALL CAPS,
others are Normal Type. I need something that
transforms the ALL CAPS to Normal Type automatically
within the table.
The user insists that this was done before by someone
else and that it was not done through a query (but I'm
doubting that after doing some research). Based on
research, I have several leads (macros, transforming,
adding sql statements to a query), but what would be
the best solution for this?

Gracias for any help,
colin, bocmaxima81_NOSPAM at yahoo.com