[thelist] My css rollover drop-downs are not working on ie

martin at fiercestreetnetworks.aboho.com martin at fiercestreetnetworks.aboho.com
Fri Apr 9 11:55:00 CDT 2004

<snip>

</snip>

Yeah! Got it working yesterday (just before Mr. Creswell check it I
guess:~)!
I didn't know that ie needs a value for the pesudo element on the anchor.

So, I've used this:

<!--[if IE]>
/*<![CDATA[*/
/* ie needs a value for the pesudo element on the anchor. */
#breadcrumbs ul li a:hover {
 padding: 0 11px 0 7px;
 }
/*]]>*/
<![endif]-->

The padding addition makes the tiniest, but liveable, jog, in
ie. Since the other browsers need no values here, I opted to
use the ie conditional statement.

I've googled, but maybe gave up too soon (css makes my head
hurt :~) on looking for "hide from all ie versions" only hack.

Anyone know of a "hide from all ie versions" only hack, so I can
keep this in my css file, and out of all my sites pages :~\