[thelist] Theory Question: Client Side or Server Side

Scott Brady evolt at ncsli.org
Sat Apr 10 10:50:45 CDT 2004

Tom Dell'Aringa wrote:

>Why not give them instantaneous feedback? Sure, validate the data on
>the server side too - I'm not arguing against that at all. But it
>should be the backup, not the primary.

I guess that's where I differ.  The server-side should be the primary,
not the backup.  Ideally, you'll provide both client-side (for those who
support it) and server-side (for those who don't or as security for
those who find a way to "muck" with your client-side version).

But given the choice between one or the other, I will always choose
server-side.

Scott