[thelist] Javascript Stats (was: Theory Question: Client Side or Server Side

Peter-Paul Koch gassinaumasis at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 11 10:42:39 CDT 2004

>I did a quick search, and came up with two sites giving javascript stats:
>http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp and
>http://www.thecounter.com/stats/2004/March/javas.php
>
>According to these, 'javascript off' constitutes between 6% - 8%.

Yes, I just saw the same stats. When we compare them to the May 2003 stats,
we see that noscript browser market share has *decreased by 55%* in the past
9 months.

It makes me wonder how far these stats should be trusted, either the current
lower figure or the often quoted 10-15%. Probably most of these noscript
browsers are search engine spiders.

ppk, freelance web developer
Interaction, copywriting, JavaScript, integration
http://www.quirksmode.org/
Column "Keep it Simple": http://www.digital-web.com/columns/keepitsimple/