[thelist] ASP: 2 different charsets on same page?

Christian Anderson lists at photokyo.com
Thu Apr 15 22:04:05 CDT 2004

<>
Ok, I did a little more brain storming here, and came up with the idea of
adding an iframe to the page and having the content of the iframe encoded as
the ISO-2022-JP charset. This works, but its not ideal because it screws up
the design a bit.</>

Christian,

I tried (but couldn't) solve the problem you mentioned below when I was
developing a Japanese language version of our web-based course.  Your
solution sounds imaginative, and I'd like to see a page rendered using that
technique if you will share a URL.
<<<

Hi,

Sorry for the delay. I was mega busy trying to get this website done before
leaving hokkaido. Anyway, have a look at this URL:

http://www.sas-net.com/keitai-show.asp?l=e&i=33

Beside the picture of the cat there is a small iframe with the text that
comes in from the mobile phone.  Takes a second to pop in there, but it
works :)

Is this cheating? Who knows... but I don't care because it works :)

Christian Anderson
Niseko Hirafu, Hokkaido, Japan
http://www.photokyo.com