[thelist] Name and Address Capitalization

Tim Beadle tsb at wigner.ioppublishing.com
Mon Apr 19 04:34:03 CDT 2004

On Mon, Apr 19, 2004 at 09:07:02AM +0100, Tony Light wrote:
> Hi, I've got a tricky little problem with a database of names and addresses that are in upper case, but when I use them I need to output in mixed case, suitably capitalized.  To make things more interesting, it is a large database with names and addresses from all over the world (though mainly in the UK).

I doubt that no-one's been down this road before...

/quick look on search.cpan.org

http://search.cpan.org/~summer/Lingua-EN-NameCase-1.13/README

There we go! Perl-based solution, obviously, but ready to go, I would have
thought.

HTH,

Tim
--
"If you not hope to receive the similar letter again , please click here
remove. Thank you" -- Unknown 419 spammer