[thelist] CF man needs ASP XML help

Chris Hayes chris at londonweb.net
Mon Apr 19 06:03:19 CDT 2004

Thanks again.  No you're not an idiot :) you just threw me something off the
top of your head.

This was a lot of work for two lines of code, I'm not sure if it's a CDATA
issue but .nodeValue returns null, whilst .text gives me what I'm looking
for.

So I have my answer.  I just amazes how difficult it is to get the right
combination and syntax.  There are so many variations out there for similar.
It would have taken me several more dead lines of research had I not asked
here.  The MS ASP newsgroups weren't any help.  Maybe I should BUY a book ;)
Or not write in languages I'm unfamiliar with.

 Set
sError=xmlDOMDOC.documentelement.selectSingleNode("feedoutput/result/error")
 Set
sDescription=xmlDOMDOC.documentelement.selectSingleNode("feedoutput/result/d
escription")

 Response.Write "Error="
 Response.Write sError.text
 Response.Write " Description="
 Response.Write sDescription.text

Thanks Scott and anybody else who replied  Thanks Evolt.  I am not worthy.

Chris