[thelist] Serious antispam measures

HUTTON III, WILLIAM J. WJHUTTONIII at energy-northwest.com
Mon Apr 19 16:47:01 CDT 2004

Whomever started this topic asked if others had noticed that spam had
gotten really bad recently.

Spam is always bad, but I noticed the same thing, too.  All of the
sudden (about two weeks ago) I was getting multiple copies of the same
spam at the same time.  I'd had enough, and decided to look for a
solution.

I downloaded the Cloudmark beta for Outlook Express, and it rocks.

	http://www.cloudmark.com/

Cloudmark is like a real-time peer-to-peer network that identifies spam
by a one-way hash of the email message.  In one week, only three spam
emails have gotten past it, and Cloudmark lets you identify the spam as
spam with one click, so once you block it, you've stopped it for others.

It's very slick.  The only drawback is that it's $3.99 a month.  I think
I'll pay it when the beta is over though.  The only bad thing is that it
does such a good job of identifying spam, that I'm in my Spam folder,
seeing what it caught, so I'm still reading the spam, LOL.  I'm sure the

This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it are for the sole use of the
intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information.
Please DO NOT forward this e-mail outside of the recipient's company unless
expressly authorized to do so herein.  Any unauthorized review; use, disclosure or
distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the
sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. Warning:
Although Energy Northwest has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses
are present in this e-mail, the agency cannot accept responsibility for any loss or
damage arising from the use of this e-mail or its attachments.